To infuse the Buhner Protocol into a lipid solution to treat the lymphatic system for lyme disease.
Firstly, I want to say that I don't play Doctor on the internet and that I recommend every one experiencing lyme disease like symptoms to speak to a trained practitioner with successful experience in treating lyme disease symptoms. Rare thing to find I think hence the experimentation continues.
The other thing I want to say is that since I arrived on the medicinal herb farm to begin my preceptorship in running the family business, it has become more and more apparent that my dad struggles everyday with a lyme or lyme like co-infections. Some days are better than others and it makes me sad to see my father who is usually a super fit and energetic man struggle and bed ridden.
Right now for the purposes of this blog, I'm mustering the courage to swim in the deep end of the ignorance pool. Herbalism and treating lymes. One thing I do know is how to make a whole bunch of traditional medicinal concoctions used for thousands of years. But seriously leave a comment if you know of a kick ass resource that I can use to close the knowledge gap. Thanks
So in developing the Buhner/Beth Healing Lyme Protocol I've documented some of the connections I've made, so that you may follow along my lines of logic.
Starting with some basic fundamental questions so that we are all on the same page.
- Who are lyme disease bacteria?
- Borrelia burgdorferi, is a tick-borne spirochete and the causative agent of Lyme borreliosis.
- Read more about treating drug-resistant bacteria in Herbal Antibiotics by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- What do they do to the human body?
- Lymphadenopathy is a hallmark of acute infection with Lyme borreliosis. refers to lymph nodes which are abnormal in size, number or consistency. The word Lymphadenopathy, The term comes from the word lymph and with a little combination of the Greek words αδένας, adenas ("gland") and παθεία, patheia ("act of suffering" or "disease"). Is Lyme primarily a gland disease.?
- Where can the bacteria affect the body?
- The lymphatic system as well as the cardio vascular system.
- When can they be effectively attacked?
- In the chronic stage the bacteria can form a bio-film that makes antibiotic penetration difficult.
- Why with fat?
- Ancient Ayurveda wisdom recognizes ghee as essential. Many herbal preparations use ghee as a carrier oil as it has the ability to cross the lipid membrane of cells and transport nutrients deep into tissue. Read the full article about what you should know about ghee.
- How to make an experimental natural Lyme Lipid Lymph Protocol?
- By mixing lipids with the anti-viral and anti-bacterial Buhner Herbal Protocol the goal is to get the herbal constituents into the lymphatic system to enhance the effectiveness of the standard Buhner Protocol.
How are other people successfully treating lyme and maintaining health and energy levels?
- Get the book Healing Lyme by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- Tim Ferriss uses the ketogenic diet to maintain health and everyday functionality.
The Buhner/Beth Lyme Lipid Lymph Experiment!
To try this, here's what you'll need:
- 500mls of the Buhner protocol tincture mix, available from Mullum Herbals.
- 500mls of high quality organic ghee, available from Ghee.com.au
- Kitchen stove
- Cooking pot to boil water
- Large stainless steel bowl to cover the pot
- Stainless steel spoon
- Stainless steel thermometer
The process: Evaporate / Infuse / Decant
- Add the Buhner protocol tincture into the large stainless bowl.
- Add an inch of water to your cooking pot and bring to a gentle simmer
- Place the tincture over the cooking pot and maintain the tincture temperature under 75 degrees by continuously stirring, evaporating the alcohol preservative, reducing the fluid levels by up to 40-60%.
- Once the mixture has been reduced, slowly add your ghee to infuse the Buhner protocol pure extract.
- NOTE: when I tried this I reduced the Buhner protocol herbs to a thick sludge, but then found that pure extract would not infuse or mix with the lipids of the ghee. Almost like some sort of emulsifying agent could be required to get the two substances to bond in a homogenous way.
Let me know if you're thinking about trying to improve theBuhner/Beth Lyme Lipid Lymph Protocol ?